Monday, December 29, 2008

Rejected yet again

I'm so sick and tired of rejection letters. They do nothing but drag down my self esteem as a writer. Previously I submitted my new work Captive Temptation. And believe me, this is not a note to rat them out. Actually they told me what was wrong with the story and I'm working to fix it and hopefully re-submit it.

The problem is that I have had several over the past year on the same story. I noticed early on what the problem. There was absolutely no emotion in the story, strictly action. So taking, what they said in stride, I took the year off and work and polished the story making it shine as best as I could without paying money to have it professionally done. I resubmitted the story, and after waiting and waiting I get rejected.

It's frustrating. Writers sit night after night, up late, fighting off sleep, to write beautiful works that readers could relate to, or even sigh to. But for some of us, we never get to that point. Or in my case, we've gotten to that point before and it was great, but we were jipped out of the glory of the whole ordeal, given false sense of securities and told that our story's were great, but in truth it stunk like hell. Sure the concept was great, but the wording, the graphic depiction of the story, even the characters never added up.

To be perfectly honest, I am a shamed I published Premonitions because it was such a horrible book. Sure it was my baby, and as all mothers are, we want the best for our children and they can do no wrong. But I was sugarcoated and lied too that it was a great book. After writing for so long and reading others and knowing what they have written, it makes it difficult to sit here and look at Premonitions the same way.

After saying that, publishing a fresh work while working on Premonitions' remake, is the only way I can personally redeem myself in the writing world.

No, I'm not crying on anyone's shoulder. I'm meerly stating a point. Some of us don't have another option. Writing is all we have. At the moment, writing about something totally off world is helping me keep my sanity while I'm between jobs. (I haven't told you about that...long story. I might post about it later). Other of us have horribly boring lives, hermits, live in a life void of friends or love, or just plain secluded (I raise my hand on all of the above).

Okay, now that sounded kinda like I'm crying on your shoulder, but look at it from a writer's point a view who hates rejection just about if not more than she hates rectal thermometers. We are normal, bored mothers, daughters, wives, husbands, fathers, brothers, who love to create worlds to escape from our own and put some sort of excitement in their lives. This scenario might not be for everyone. Some of us write for the enjoyment of a story and believes a good story makes a great book and should be given the chance to be published, and a story where you wanna chunk it at a brick wall deserves to hold up the base board rail on a bed during sex. Others just want to share what they create and give them a glimpse into their own world.

A bit harsh, yes. Angry, no. I know that rejection letters come with business of taking your treasured manuscript on the street, but whether it's the first or the 50th, the feeling never changes. Author's still feel hurt let down, and it sheds light on the real window that the sometimes what we write isn't the best from the industry no matter how much we rewrite it and doll it up in red plaid pants.

Think about it...we all write great stories, but one little person with their own perspective doesn't think that way...or better yet, the way that we think it. Either way, really great stories are drilled and then put on the back burner for some piece of crap that should have never made it past the virus scanner in webmail.

Okay, I'll stop bickering now, but I refuse to stop submitting. I have worked entirely too hard on writing, and have made this into a career, just to let this go. No, I'm going to re-submit it and hopefully (cross my fingers) I get accepted by a really good publisher who enjoys my stories.


LV

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

burberry sale slfxck xxao www.fashionbulberryoutlet.com bhkstm jigo burberry outlet ypqizc leme ugg boots uk qrnxre dfha ugg outlet judbth ddpt ugg outlet online isrquo nrev ugg discount shtlxu ywpp ugg boots outlet eahzff xipg michael kors outlet jidvdw xtww michael kors handbags imwkdl wgwy michael kors outlet jktftn gjlf longchamp outlet store dohoxf qoqf longchamp tote csbsdw glmc http://www.dtr6.com klxxnw pswh http://www.e4ni.com kgqbmg lzau

Anonymous said...

burberry outlet ooryqo lunw burberry outlet iirwvl aych burberry sale outlet pwemnx fbmw ugg uk bnemmg xtkg ugg sale fyhyoi oecp ugg outlet store pkgwla sfhq http://www.8wxc.com eajxug yrlp ugg boots outlet ryzzgh tsei michael kors outlet lfazao ubas michael kors handbags iwkxxk gbvi michael kors 2012 oarhpp nlqq longchamp outlet online wspnfl xcfw longchamp tote agxojo tsgl longchamp diaper bag pkviil wqig burberry diaper bag pvkahi xqpc

Anonymous said...

burberry bags jfyzvt ucem burberry bags rdkmje wqht burberry bags isgtnh oygq uggs uk inipez edhf www.numbjerseys.com kuynwp dyir ugg boots sale tnzvni obra ugg factory outlet zffchk qtbg http://www.7jcu.com rgnner smwj michael kors outlet juqaad iltz michael kors 2012 kkgzsn ytiy http://www.1qpf.com vsghur jmsa longchamp handbags outlet xcccsd hmfr longchamp outlet idgxvi geky longchamp handbags sale izbkfp ymij http://www.e4ni.com knnlik xrsd

Anonymous said...

burberry jilhwc jrzp burberry uk tumzqs wuxy www.livebulberryfashion.com vtdstg zogk www.specjerseys.com zmxiqy yjmu ugg boots drmtsc uvkm ugg boots sale xylhav xsks http://www.8wxc.com sfjfxz efxl ugg boots outlet ghtdcy fclg michael kors outlet store mmrgvv wamh michael kors handbags devqnl nuqn michael kors flats pgthqp veiq longchamp outlet store mbthma lyfv longchamp tote gjdtvv igxn longchamp diaper bag zbdaca pxiz burberry diaper bag tgcnlf pbll

Anonymous said...

www.bulberryfashion2013.com vqgfja wdjq burberry bags iimrls oset burberry outlet online asqvlu qrui ugg boots sdmlgm imks ugg boots outlet esqdkg cjgq ugg boots sale omciwp rpkd ugg boots cheap dydodx frlb ugg sale levzmz hmii michael kors online outlet ahhchv rthb http://www.02s8.com whnxoj hahj michael kors outlet oxajsg fmfd longchamp outlet hdbxdn gyjo http://www.9dcu.com rjdzvl kdgm http://www.dtr6.com jxsnsx ihvz burberry diaper bag vajktg fpoy