Saturday, March 14, 2009

Blabbing about exercise

Time for a change.


No, this is not because we have a new prez in office, or nothing like that. This has been a year of change from the get go for me starting back when I separated from my husband a year ago. After being off work for the past 6 months, I have noticed my waist spreading ESPECIALLY since my husband started back cooking. LOLOL he’s a really great cook. But what the doctor said last week really hit home. I needed to lose weight. When I weighed I was 244 the biggest I’ve ever been in my life even after kids. Now I’ve always been healthy (that’s a nice way to put that I’m fat) and have NEVER worried about my weight because of my high metabolism. Well, that was cut short since I stopped working at a high speed job where I was constantly on my feet. I know for myself I have gained 40 lbs and 20 of that over the last 6 months.
To make a long story short, it’s time I did something about it. The idea to lose the pounds does come from the way I look in the mirror (cuz, I’m still a beautiful thick sista with a lot mo’ to luv), but this is coming from a long family history of medical problems that really does have scared. There’s heart disease, diabetes type 2, cancer, lung disease, mental illness, high blood pressure. Basically what every you can think of that contributes to low activity. It really hits close to home when within the last few years I lost my dad to congestive heart failure and my mother developed type 2 diabetes. The whole thing scares me beyond belief, but I’m willing to get off my tuckus and do something about it.

MAKE AN EDUCATED EFFORT TO EXERCISE!!!!!

I’m not going to drive myself crazy on a diet that I know I’m not going to keep up or pills that are only going to make gaining the weight back fast much more easy. Counting calories on the back of boxes is about the only extent of my abilities at this moment. I made a plan to exercise. I found a really good website out there and researched as well as past exercises that have worked for me and I’m going to try them out to see if they work. I will keep you all posted. I have a goal time to at least loose 20lbs by June 5th just in time for my high school reunion. (You notice I said nothing about getting back down to my size 14 jeans as I was in high school HAAA!!!) I’m going to be realistic about the whole thing. I don’t want to do it, but with my aching knees and back screaming at me to be more active, it leaves me no choice.

Today, I’m not just typing and running my mouth. I actually got outside my house and walked for 30 minutes. I live in the country so I carried a big stick that should’ve been attached to a sledge hammer (the better to beat the hell out of big dogs with). Slow at first, then brisk, the cool off as I was told before. But by the end, because of my in activity, that old back of my started screaming bloody murder. I’m just grateful it wasn’t my knee. Music helps take my mind off the pain, too, thanks to my daughter’s MP3 player. (I gotta get me one of these!!!) And walking helped to clear my cluttered brain as well. Maybe I’ll finish working on one of the many stories swimming around in my head. LOL!!!

(LONG WINDED I KNOW, lol) Ya’ll just pray for me. It’s going to be a long ride.

0 comments: