Thursday, December 25, 2008

My Christmas Thanks

I am extremely grateful this year. Though this year hasn’t been the greatest of all, I have a lot to be thankful for. I didn’t know what I was going to do about Christmas this year. In October, I lost my job after having worked for a company for 2 and half years. Though It wasn’t because if the cut back for the economy. This started months before that. I was fired for taking off too much for my Autistic son. It’s really funny how the system works to support single parents who are in turn supporting children with mental disabilities. Not to mention I have two. But that’s neither here nor there.

I joined this program about a year ago that would help with my son’s treatment. I had no idea, especially with the economy so bad that they had a Christmas program. I’ve been on this ‘I don’t have Christmas having kind of money’, so my babies were going to see how I spent the majority of my Christmases when I was little.

I know what you’re thinking. “She’s published. She should be rolling in doe.” Well, yes I am contracted but no I’m nowhere near rich. But I’m seriously grateful for what I do get from my books. Makes me proud that I can say that I write novels.
Anywho, just to secure the small thoughts about Santa that my children had in their minds, I had my Dad-in-law bring the gifts over this morning (in which there were more than I could possibly think of—including bikes). So as of right now, they are still sleeping, but when they wake up, they are going to get a big surprise because their bikes are sitting in their bedrooms…the first thing they’ll see when they wake in the morning. So with tears of joy in my eyes I sit and wait until they wake up and see the gifts. I’m going back into my bedroom to play this off really good. Lol
I know that none of the people who gave me and my family gifts are going to read this, but I wanted to say publically that I am so thankful especially in this hard time that you took a second out of your personal Christmas shopping and though of us. We are no one to you, but you’ve all thought so much for us and my babies that you wanted us to have a Christmas and for that I Thank You. From the bottom of my heart.

Merry Christmas Everyone and may all your Christmases, whether big or small, be the greatest of moments for you all.

With love,

Leah V.

0 comments: