Saturday, September 05, 2009

Too much woman for ya!!

I know I’ve been away but it has been with good reason. My happy life has hit another snag . . . well not really. My husband and I decided to call an end to our 10 year marriage. And though I should be really upset, I knew this was coming sooner or later. With me going to school and working, take care of everything on top of running around with my head cut off, it’s no wonder that he hasn’t left sooner. No tears though, and that leads me to my question.
Is there a such thing as “TOO strong of a woman?”
How many women have heard that the reason that a woman can’t either keep a man or find one is that she is too strong of a woman? I ask this question more to myself than anything else, but still it intrigues me to think that this may be the case. Today, 95% of all mothers today are supermoms. We are either single, married or wish we were either. Taking one or more children, house, career, school, all the while kicking but with our superpowers by staying on top of every school function, every cough, sneeze, cough, and discipline matter that comes along, and still manages at night to be the hottie in the bedroom. And you would think a man would appreciate a woman like that. A lot of the times that‘s not the case. We are taught, by nature, to be strong, and in a lot of ways, stronger than men. We can deal with screaming kids in a small car, become the disciplinarian, and even the bad-guy when it comes to teens, and even sometimes (I did say SOMETIMES) swallow our tongue when it comes to listening and not giving our opinion (Even though we REALLY REALLY REALLY want to).
Personally, I don’t feel that I need a man to take care of me. I can do that just fine, but I want one that respects me, supports me in what I do for the household, is MY backup and I his, and someone who can make me feel safe. Basically my equal. I haven’t found that person yet. And frankly have stopped looking because there few that measure up and none of them have crossed my path just yet.
I’m not in no way saying that I’m perfect and have to have the perfect guy. No. I’m saying my ass is picky and want someone strong enough to handle all this. LOL. And there is a big difference between strong, and a complete dickhead with all the trimmings. It’s like a told a friend of mine. “I’m crazy, and filled with all sorts of aggression 90% of the time. Ain’t no telling what I would do if someone was to hit me. But cowering in a corner ain’t it.”
I have no tolerance, patience, or otherwise for a man that hits his woman, and vice versa. I feel so strong about it. But it makes no sense to hit, call names, or even evil looks. The Mama look is okay, but other than that, looks of hatred are punishable by a muddy meal. LOL
I’m just ranting here, but I really wanted to know what you think? Is there a such thing as too strong of a woman?

1 comments:

Kelly S. Bishop said...

I remember SEVERAL years ago, watching 60 minutes. Mike Wallace was interviewing Oprah Winfrey.

And I still remember at one point referring to the fact she was unmarried, Wallace actually said something like, "Maybe you're too much for a man to handle." The way he said it, it was like he expected her to apologize for being strong. I sat there yelling at the screen, "Smack him Oprah! Just SMACK him!"

But no she was too polite. She just laughed it off. You can bet Wallace never asked a man such a stupid question.